Saturday 2 March 2013

A Day in the Life: The Meetup

Inspiration. 

It's really hard to have that these days. When you find your career and personal life in a very unstable and inconvenient situation, you ask yourself where you're going. Pulling out the smallest ounce of confidence that you'll be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel is near to impossible. Then again, chances make ways.

Strangers.

I like strangers. I love talking to them, spending time with them, and discover their story. I guess that's how I got myself into all sorts of trouble, because I have this dangerous tendency to trust too easily. But I never lost hope in strangers. Like me, they are people with all kinds of struggles, and their lives are theirs to make. Who am I to judge?

Inspiration and strangers are two, very unalike things. In fact, they aren't related at all lexicologically speaking. Luckily, though, I was able to have both today. Yes, today.

Forgive me of my manly foot. Walking several kilometers probably increased my masculine hormones.  That's just a theory, though.

It wasn't just another hang out, it's about discovery of a new found friendship. Until now, it amazes me how things got spontaneously smooth flowing with someone I met for the first time. I find it interesting that we both had our own share of "first-time" experiences on our meetup: the merriment on the ferry boat, the wonders of street food, and the endless walks to savor downtown Cebu together.

Vigor.

The drive to make ambitions a reality struck me the most. He's 22, I am about to be 24, but I couldn't see the difference. Two years may be a negligible age difference, but there's so much that can happen in 2 years that can change you. Life changed us and I believe that's what makes us get along so well. The determination I see every time he speaks of what he wants himself to become 5 or 10 years from now felt like an encouragement for me to work harder and smarter than what I'm doing now. His vigor for life, family, and dreams blew me away.

Chasing dreams.

Riding on that plane alone and bringing nothing but confidence and good purpose is something that bravery itself must applaud. He's off to chase his dreams and I will be mighty proud if I can see him driving his own BMW someday. Of course, with my Benz parked somewhere ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment